Morganton's Main Street (E. & W. Union Street) was selected as a finalist for the People's Choice Great Main Street Contest sponsored by the North Carolina Chapter of the American Planning Association. Morganton is competing against main streets in Boone, Benson, Mooresville, Charlotte, and Gastonia, so be sure to visit the website, log in and vote for Morganton! This is a People's Choice award, so the main street with the most votes by May 9 wins!
The Morganton Main Street program has spent more than 30 years working to maintain a vibrant and energized downtown. The program has generated more than $60 million dollars of public and private investment into downtown and that investment has helped downtown Morganton weather the storms that left many downtowns across America crumbling and desolate. Today, downtown Morganton, the heart and soul of the City, is strong and healthy largely due to the Main Street program.
Save the date for these 2014 events!
- Show Some Love to Your Valentine ❤ - Month of February, Shop Late Feb 13th
- DDA Annual Chili Cookoff - Friday, March 14
- TGIF - Fridays, May & June
- Morganton Jazz Fest - Saturday, May 10
- Farmers Markets - Saturday & Wednesdays from April 19 through October 29
- Historic Morganton Festival - Friday & Saturday, September 5 & 6
- Halloween Spooktacular - Friday, October 31
- Memorial Tree Lighting - Saturday, November 22
- Christmas Parade - Tuesday, December 2
- Breakfast with Santa - Saturdays, December 6 & December 13
May 10, 2014
Where: Historic Burke County Courthouse Lawn
When: Saturday, May 10, 2014, 12-9pm
Featuring: Warren Wolf, Geoff Clapp & Peter Martin
June 2 - July 11, 2013
Where: The Burke Arts Council, Kalā Gallery, John S. Payne Photography, and Hamilton Williams Gallery.
Opening Reception: Saturday, June 14, 2013 5 - 8pm
The mountains of North Carolina are home to some of the world’s most talented studio glass artists. To recognize the exceptional work of these distinguished artists, and others, an exhibition of work is scheduled in a collaborative effort taking place in four downtown Morganton, North Carolina venues. Work on exhibition will be available for purchase.
Are you interested in having news & reminders texted to you?
Text JOIN to (828) 391-9559 to sign up for Downtown Morganton text alerts (or scan the QR code)