October 17, 18 & 24, 25, 2014
Where: Historic Burke County Courthouse lawn
When: Friday & Saturday, October 17, 18 & 24, 25, 2014 7pm, 7:30pm, 8pm, 8:30pm
NOTE: In case of inclement weather, the Ghost Tours will be cancelled.
Tour Morganton’s Spooky History!
Over two weekends this fall, learn about Morganton’s spooky history and enjoy our quaint downtown district.
The Morganton Main Street program has spent more than 30 years working to maintain a vibrant and energized downtown. The program has generated more than $60 million dollars of public and private investment into downtown and that investment has helped downtown Morganton weather the storms that left many downtowns across America crumbling and desolate. Today, downtown Morganton, the heart and soul of the City, is strong and healthy largely due to the Main Street program.
Save the date for these 2014 events!
- Show Some Love to Your Valentine ❤ - Month of February, Shop Late Feb 13th
- DDA Annual Chili Cookoff - Friday, March 14
- TGIF - Fridays, May & June
- Morganton Jazz Fest - Saturday, May 10
- Farmers Markets - Saturday & Wednesdays from April 19 through October 29
- Art on the Square - Saturday, June 7
- State of Origin Craft Brew Festival - Saturday, June 14
- 3rd Annual WNC Glass Exhibition Opening Reception - Saturday, June 14
- June Third Thursday Art Crawl - Thursday, June 19
- July Third Thursday Art Crawl - Thursday, July 17
- August Third Thursday Art Crawl - Thursday, August 21
- Historic Morganton Festival - Friday & Saturday, September 5 & 6
- Texture & Form: The Pottery of Amy Sanders - Friday, October 10
- Ghost Tours - Friday, October 17 and Saturday, October 18
- October Oyster Outing - Saturday, October 18
- Ghost Tours - Friday, October 24 and Saturday, October 25
- Halloween Spooktacular - Friday, October 31
- First Frost Art Show and Sale - Friday, November 14
- Handmade Holidays - Friday, November 21
- Holiday Farmers Market - Saturday, November 22
- Memorial Tree Lighting - Saturday, November 22
- Christmas Parade - Tuesday, December 2
- Breakfast with Santa - Saturdays, December 6 & December 13
- Holiday Farmers Market - Saturday, December 13